Internet marketing for criminal defense attorneys has become increasingly competitive because attorneys are starting to see the ground shift that has occurred as their ideal clients are turning to the internet to find an attorney. In larger cities, criminal defense attorneys are paying more than $50 a click for the trophy terms such as “Boston DUI Attorney” or “New York City Criminal Lawyers.” Those same attorneys would benefit more from an effective website design with an easy to navigate system to find information deep within the website.
In many competitive markets, even smaller criminal defense law firms with two or three attorneys are paying more than $10,000 a month just on pay-per-click ads. For a fraction of that price those criminal defense attorneys could dramatically improve their websites enough to dominate the search engines for their favorite niche areas.
For a faction of that price, those same attorney could start to dominate the trophy terms most priced by criminal defense attorney. Internet users have become more wary of pay-per-click listings. More and more they are clicking on the top orgainic listings which prove to be powerful and informative websites. Many of your clients may assume that the best criminal defense attorneys have the best criminal defense websites for their location. At least than know that those attorneys are paying attention to provide informative information to their potential clients.
Adding quality content is much more effective than wasting money on pay-per-click. The good news is that you can spend less and get much more with a great content management system that allows to add content to your website. For attorneys willing to spend a few hours each week improving and adding to the content on their website, the return on investment is amazing. Even for those attorneys that just want to hire us to improve their content, a small investment will result in an immediate improvement in search engine rankings and we can do all the work.
Why pay-per-click when you can pay for better content?
Many attorneys are starting to realize that pay-per-click is no longer worth the expense. By investing in the best content management system available, adding content is as easy as sending an e-mail. If you write a memorandum of law on a particular criminal defense topic you can add that information to your website in less than 5 minutes.
Many criminal defense attorneys think that the search engines are a mystery. Really, the search engines are just looking for the most informative content on the same topics that interest your clients when they begin their search for an attorney. Find out how updating and adding content on a regular basis is the best search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
When creating a website for a criminal defense attorney, the best and most immediate return on investment comes from focusing on these goals:
- Creating a easy to navigate website design;
- Understanding how to add content to the pages we create for you to target specific areas within the criminal defense field;
- Harnessing the power of social media marketing; and
- Creating short videos that answer the same questions your clients ask when they first contact you about their case.
See Immediate Results for Niche Criminal Defense Areas of the Law
What are your favorite types of criminal cases? If you’ve had great results in a particular type of case then you have unique insite into how to fight those cases. Why not share that information with your ideal potential clients.
- Criminal Defense of State Charges;
- Criminal Defense of Federal Charges;
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) including drunk driving and impaired driving;
- Cannabis Crimes including possession, possession with intent to sell, delivery of marijuana, cultivation or manufacture of marijuana, and defending those accused of operating a grow house;
- Drug Crimes – possession of a control substance, illegal possession of prescription drugs and drug trafficking;
- White Collar Crimes – Fraud, Identity Theft, Embezzlement, Mortgage Fraud, Insurance Fraud;
- Theft Charges – Shoplifting, Petit Theft, Petty Theft, Grand Theft, Grand Larceny, Grand Theft Auto;
- Criminal Appellate Practices in State or Federal Court;
- Probation or Parole Violation;
- Juvenile Criminal Offenses;
- Traffic Tickets or Citations – Speeding, Suspended or Revoked Driver License, Careless Driving, Aggressive Driving, Hit and Run, Leaving the Scene, Toll Violations;
- Petitions to seal or expunge a criminal arrest record or clerk’s file;
- Violent Criminal Offenses such as battery, domestic battery and assault, child abuse, aggravated battery;
- Sex Crimes such as solicitation, child pornography, sexual battery, and molestation, lewd conduct, failure to report as a sex offender;
- Weapons Charges for felon in possession or improper exhibition.
Although an entire website could be build around any one of these practice areas for a large city, many attorneys want to pick many or all of the practice areas. For any area you want to target, your website must have the most content that is unique and informative.
Developing Content for a Criminal Defense Attorney’s Website
Let us show you how we create the best, most accurate, most informative content for our criminal defense attorneys’ websites. Consider the type of information that can be added to a page on a topic like “domestic violence battery:”
- An introductory paragraph which uses the phrases used more commonly by clients in your jurisdiction to describe that type of charge;
- The cities and counties that your law firm wants to target for that particular area of the law;
- A general description of the domestic violence statute in your state and the element of the criminal toffense;
- A list of potential collateral consequences that can occur after the arrest – such as the impact on the right to carry a firearm or a possible restraining order;
- Possible solutions to the problem such as a plea to reduced charges, a motion to dismiss or suppress, or diversion programs that might be available in that particular jurisdiction;
- Potential defenses that relate to each element of the criminal offense;
- A general description of the standard jury instructions for that particular criminal offense offense (although the exact wording of the standard jury instructions should never be “cut and paste”);
- Recent cases dealing with evidence issues such as the confrontation cause or insufficient evidence;
- Pictures related to that criminal charge;
- Outbound links related to that other websites that provide information on that charge (for instance a link directly to the statute or jury instructions so your viewer can do additional research and so the search engines see the page as the most informative);
- Internal links to other pages within the attorney’s website that are indirectly related to that particular topic (such as a page on sealing a criminal record or restraining orders); and
- A closing paragraph that again described the your legal practice, the topic on the page, the jurisdictions in which you practice (including a list of each city, county, and state).
Your current website may only have a few paragraphs on each page and an insufficient number of pages to cover any given topic. At Internet LAVA we take a different approach.
Writing content for an attorney website – read more tips on writing effective content for a criminal defense attorney’s website.
Content management system – find our why our attorneys have a huge advantage over the competition for a faction of the price because of our easy to use content management system that allows the attorney to add additional information continuously over the course of the first year. All of the search engines, including Google actually looks to see how often the page is updated. Adding additional content to a criminal defense website is as easy as hitting the “log in” button, then hitting the “edit” button on a particular page. After typing in a few changes, the attorney then pushes the “save” button and the changes can instantly be viewed on the website.
Website Design and Marketing for DUI and Drunk Driving Attorneys – Find out about internet marketing strategies for DUI, DWI, drunk driving and impaired driving defense websites.